Monday, April 12, 2010

Lots of weird and wonderful things


Eh? No this is not out of the shed, but at my mum's house - a bush bee hive - I just love the symmetry of the discs that they make !

Anyway back to the shed !



I don't know how relevant they are but thought given they are Australian, old and have blue heads (is that because they are Crown Matches?)  it was worthy of a mention - unused of course!


This is some sort of phone component - it appears to be from turn of the century - no not 1999-2000, more like 1900 !  This is the only unit to date that I have found intact. Its pretty beautiful regardless.....




Radio resistors anyone?  I have lots !



This is an oddball of sorts - lots of part numbers and in the second pic there is certainly the military arrow. Then under that is what appears to be the A.M number - 37G/704. Apparently 37G is Godfrey Cabin Superchargers, or Air Compressor SRM210 or 215 MK 1.   Anyone want to have a go at working out what it is?



This is intriguing - I don't know why I even picked it out of the rubble but did, took one look at the numbers and thought "Aircraft". Checked my lists tonight and indeed its aircraft but the number suggests its from the Woomera Protoype which would be a fluke if that. Part is 04- 58373.  It may be that the part number was left over and the parts were destined for the production run of Woomera aircraft that never happened.....

And speaking of Woomera parts !


A tidy little box of some sort. The number is of course 11 - 14061-2 which if memory serves me right is from the wing area (no I'm probably horribly wrong but give me a pat on the back for trying!!!)

And lastly for the day



This is a pretty big box - about 40x30x15cm . Best of all its a Woomera part  11-54066-2 G. Looks like a big terminal box of sorts for the instrumentation...

Anyway, its going to be a busy week. Pete the scrappy is back and we are moving some horribly old and rusted bolts and machinery out. With any luck we can move some shelves out of the way and create a big working area for the tiny little bits

Until next time.........






No comments:

Post a Comment