Thursday, April 29, 2010

ANZAC Day 2010

I didn't get to write on the day, but

In memory of my uncle Sgt Percy Finn, 58/59 Battalion PNG 1942 - VX 102594

You never really talked about the war but even as a young child I could see how much it haunted you. Even the dedication in the book "Militia Battalion at War - A history of the 58/59 BN" gives away so much "to read and to hope you never have to experience"

All I can say even though you are long gone....


Thank you


I promise I will do my best to get to the reunion this year - there are so few left now, and even more importantly to take part in the march next year. Soon the baton will be passed to us regardless and it is important to carry the memories of those who gave so unflinchingly to serve and protect us....

And while I think of it - yes there is more stuff coming - we have hit the 11 tonne mark today and I am feeling totally crippled in the back. A few days off never hurt !!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment