Saturday, May 1, 2010

The cleanout goes on

Well its been a while but back again, and I thought I'd add a pic of my ugly mug in here - why? Well more of a laff really - this is what I look like when I get home from the shed EVERY DAY !! Takes a good hot shower and loads of soap and shampoo to fix this !




Anyway the shed is clearing out well - have moved over 11 tonnes as of end of April. Ahead of schedule and still finding bundles of joy in the strangest places - heres some pic updates....



There was a series of brownbuilt shelves in here (Made by Duff of Melbourne - not the beer though !) which we demolished this week - very rusted as you would expect and lots of sledgehammer work to get it to split..... But hey look at that in the bottom of the pic - ITS THE FLOOR !!!!!!!!!!!!


And if you go back to an earlier post this had approx five to six feet of stuff piled up - and yes thats the floor there too !  Whew what a job!!!!....


No this is not in the shed !  But I thought you might like to know where some of the parts end up - one magneto I sold has gone to this wonderful DC-3 restoration. In respecting the owner's wishes I won't disclose the location but its great to know that so much stuff is not just being chucked out.  One of the other major projects that items have gone to is the big Beaufort Restoration Project in Qld.  I'm sure Grandpa would be happy to know these are going back into the planes

Onto some finds !

Nearly missed this tin - its tiny - about 3cm long. But the cream apparently fixed your corns !



This was from behind the Brownbuilts we took out this week - its nearly mint on the lettering - wonder what part of the car it came from?


Then theres this one too - again no idea but its a lovely design....



So initially I thought this was probably a gear drive assembly for a tank or jeep, but this week someone identified it as most likely being a drive assembly for a Bofors Anti Aircraft Gun !  That came as a surprise !


The jury is out on this one but most who have seen it so far think its probably a WW1 Power supply regulator for searchlights. I don't think so myself as it also has head lamp and side lamp listed on the buttons so it may be Truck, Jeep or very remotely Aircraft/Tank



Another one of those "What the hell is this?" moments - I found five stacked together - its too big and cumbersome to be for the actual Aircraft (It is RAAF) so my guess (yet to be confirmed) is that its a heating/cooling fan system for a ground support vehicle....


A slight diversion here but heres some radio carbon rods - found bundles of them all over the place !



An incomplete group of parts that make up the AVS radar on an aircraft...


What could this be?  I can tell you its from a Beaufort Bomber but that is all I can tell you !  Any help would be appreciated !


This is a Voltage Control Box for an RAAF plane. While the outside is quite worn the interior is great. Speaking of which, Remember the pics I put up of another control Box (semi cylindrical) a while back - well, I found another FOUR !  This is hoarding gone mad !!!!!!!!



Now I need your help out there !  On the backside of this the colour is almost certainly Beaufort/Woomera green, but the front - thats a little to bright even for my eyes!  More's the point what is it?  And why is there a Dymo label up on the top left corner?????


Boring?  No way - its a piece of wing panel from the never made production run of Woomera aircraft !



And heres another panel - its for instrumentation areas, but its for a Beaufort Bomber rather than Woomera.


Speaking of Woomera parts - this is a junction power box of some sort. Note the part number down the bottom - it starts with 04 rather than 11 -  the 04 is the original number for the Prototype but a number of parts kept the number and would have been used accordingly.

An RAAF terminal !  What makes this cool is the original part number has been crossed out and restamped with a new number - apparently this would happen as modifications were made to the units..

And that I think should about do for now. Must get back to putting this up regularly - time has not been on my side of late !

See you soon !















No comments:

Post a Comment