Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dear oh dear !

Well I've found some strange things but these were spoken of in hushed tones for years but never seen until now !

Lordy, when I saw this lot I thought "oh no please don't let them be old chips"  They ARE old chips alright ......and no I haven't eaten one!


Looks a bit boring really - it was in another tin and most are wrapped in blue foil - I took one out and gave it the sniff test - its CHEWING GUM !!!!!!!  And very old at that.   Possibly ration pack leftovers (there was the wonderful story of finding WWI rations in tins in the eighties - yuck !) or something just totally left field - with grandpa, anythings possible. If I find a tin of beef jerky next I know I'll be on the right track !

Oh and while we're at it - we've sent six tonnes to be recycled !  Looking a lot less cluttered today and we can move around better for sure 


The house is being auctioned this Saturday and I will be having a little rest for a week as my back has totally packed it in !  But feel free to check out the auctions on eBay - my user ID is bellarine2010, and it will interesting to see what these items go for...

Until next time




No comments:

Post a Comment