Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Heaps to do !


As they say, it doesnt rain, it pours !

First up is some old parts that have the tag Morris on them . These have been identified already - see below


The round plate is a spare wheel cover plate for a 1927-28 Cowley p/n 2078
There is another king pin from Cowley without front brakes 1923-27.
Appears to be king pin bushes on a string.
Looks like a steering knuckle.
Seems to be a steering arm.
All from 1923-28 Cowleys/Oxfords

Wow !  Some very early vehicle stuff indeed ....



I couldnt believe how good condition this one is in !   No idea about the company (I quit smoking years ago !!)

I'm not sure why this pic flipped to the side - but in a big surprise, I found this one and the one below this week - there was still a couple around after all !! This one is a GE Oxygen pressure gauge for aircraft - beautiful condition


This one I think is also the same sort - it has the A.M number G6A/3347 - its missing the glass plate on the front though. Still in great condition regardless.


These are very interesting. I would think they are aircraft warning lights for the cockpit. The one on the left has a darkened disc that flips over the normal red light - like a dimmer I guess?  They are both slightly different to each other in design too...



So I have no idea about these hence the three pics - maybe someone out there can solve this ??  The A.M part number is 10A/9000. Condition is great again for the age....


This is pretty cool looking. Serial number is 76 (possible missing number in middle) but the rest of the info seems right. No idea what it did though !


OK, now I'm stumped. Given where I found this unit, I am assuming its possibly aircraft related? Buttons work fine too.....



Boring old button right ? WRONG !  Its an RAAF dimmer switch for an aircraft - part number is 5C/724



Been finding lots of old cables like this - most dont have markings but I've figured out pretty quickly that they are aircraft and / or tank.  This one at least has the military tags on it - the top pic has the trad D(arrow) D marking at the bottom that signifies military.


I've had some pics up before of boxes like this but to find two that have all the fuses - including replacement fuses - now thats more unusual and pretty special !



A different type of dimmer switch - Ref 7A/586


Very pleased to find this - even though its missing a panel. Its a Chassis Indicator Switch for aircraft and you can see the note at the bottom to "Switch off after landing"  Nice.




No idea but its military !  Anyone know what the ISS 2 means?


An unknown !  Any help please?



Hard to tell if this is phone or military - I'm leaning to military but any advice always welcome !


Finally no day could be complete without a little bit of phone stuff - even though its only one piece it looks nice - wonder what it is???  

I simply did not manage to get the stuff in the car today. With the removal of stuff now sitting at just on six tonnes my back is in dire need of a hot bath and a massage !!!!!

Will return asap





















No comments:

Post a Comment