Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 2

I only did a little bit of searching around today as there is a more urgent job required - removing the collapsed aisles to stabilise the aisle next door which has all the phone components in it..

But while I was doing that I did find some things.....


Apparently quite collectible if my research is any good. Nice tin and remarkable condition given it was in a crate of rusted bolts and broken glass !


Remarkable things - no idea what they do, but they are different to each other in their ranges. Ediswan Range Block for a Crystal Set. I think there may be a few in the shed but these are the ones I could reach easiest.





So this is a Western Electric 4001A Repeating Coil for a phone system. There is pretty much no info I can find online other than a reference to a test conducted on one in 1910 in the UK (Which is where this unit is from) There is plenty of references to other Repeating coils though, so maybe this one is not so popular, or even rare?  Still boxed up and in remarkable condition given age and storage conditions...

Anyhow thats it for Day 2. I will return to the shed on the weekend as we are now dealing with some pretty severe storms in town and I dont feel like driving through them today !

No comments:

Post a Comment