Sunday, February 7, 2010

Preparing for the task ahead

God, where do I start??  This is one helluva job to take on but its such an amazing place that I felt compelled to share it with the world as I work thru all the stuff in there.

A lot of stuff has gone already thanks to my aunt, who, sadly has gone into care now. But a lot also remains...

Grandpa was one of those wheeler n dealer types. He imported and sold glow in the dark crucifixes in the late 30's and had a store on Sydney Rd called "What You Want" - in fact I only saw the first picture of this store recently when going thru a whole lot of old slides....

He had all sorts of things in the shed that I remember as a kid - ex army stuff from the Great Wars including Trench Periscopes, Tank gauges and even sealed tins of rations (ewwwww!) He did supply the filmmakers of the seminal Aus film Gallipoli with a whole lot of things but I have no idea what they were....

Anyway, the job has fallen down to me.  Over time I will be putting up posts of things as I find them, and if you can help me identify anything along the way, I would be most grateful. Being a shed, its not ordered in any way that I can tell !!!

I suppose you'd like a look right ?  Well, sure !  Here you go - a small selection of the overview...I do not know what any of this stuff is in these pics so if you can do some early solving thats cool !!!! As you can see, I've got a massive amount of work to do :-)








No comments:

Post a Comment