Thursday, February 18, 2010

Part 2


Incredibly good condition for their age - in fact they are still sealed in boxes of five (and I must have found at least five boxes!)  The logo says MidWest Aircraft Parts and from what I can make out its an oil valve check assembly. Still has cardboard protection on the upper left point too.

*****Update***  While searching around on the internet I stumbled across a warplane site which identified these units as Oil Dilution Solenoid Valves. I now have them by M.A.P, Koehler, UAP and Chapin, and I think they all came out of Dayton, Ohio.



Have found at least five boxes of these. On the box it has written Induction Coils - So is it indeed an induction coil or is it a relay??  Guess we can't really tell from the outside!  But its certainly for phones...


This seems to be from a more modern exchange than what I had been looking thru. Dont know much about this at all, other than they all seem to have the letter "B" on them. And theres many of them in the shed too !!!!


Some more militaria items. I have no idea what this may be but on a guess I think its possibly a portable lamp holder, given the screw in nature of the dish and sides, and the button on top pushes down (on). the hook was probably for hanging up in places.   Just guessing mind you, but was suprised to find a number of them....


Wow - some old RAAF fuses from WWII. Part number is G5C/445 and they are a Type A. They have certainly seen better days but its still great to find such things along the way..

From my understanding, these are 4 valve engine cocks for RAAF planes. Why Grandpa had about 40 of them is beyond me but then again, not suprising. Don't know much about them but they are certainly interesting.....


One of the things I love is finding out old instructions inside some of these units. This is an RAAF control box. I still dont really know what it is for, and its pretty old, but the instructions are fascinating !


Anyone identify what this was for?  Its a Satchwell Thermostat, Type O, and thats all I can tell you !!!!


A General Electric Pressure Transmitter. I am assuming its Aircraft? But theres no other info on here other than the letters B.A.F stamped on the silver plate....



Last but not least, a pair of Carpenter Polarized Relays from the UK. *Ahem*, it would seem the one on the left may not be functional as some very helpful person has inscribed their verdict across the face of it - not my grandpas writing either (he wasnt prone to using such language !)

A very good day indeed, with a large number of pieces located. Some has gone up on eBay and some is being advertised in specific newsletters, and I think that there will be more than enough to go around. Ive had people now contact me from the UK, Japan and USA so I'm now believing that this project is more than worthwhile....

Stay tuned, I'm going back in on the weekend !







No comments:

Post a Comment