Thursday, February 18, 2010

Part 3!


Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the shed......

Even more things !


So this must be part of a more modern phone exchange system. Nice looking stuff ! The yellow wrapped units are either relays or coils (Im not sure) but were fitted by Lorimer Contacts, and I'm thinking they were in Sth Melbourne. Unit is made by Ericsson and the lettering on top of the relays (partly obscured by flash) is MM, MS, SS

Anyone able to fill in the gaps???



Yikes - what is a chemical fuse????  I tried looking this up online but got a reference to a page with a picture of an old phone on it ! Dated from 1936 and made by Essante in Sydney - thank goodness its empty - and I found at least 50 more of them ....


I think this piece was to do with military aircraft but aside from the little GE stamped on the right hand side of the last pic, I know nothing else....


Type F Fues for RAAF plane. Part number 5C/883 with the A.M. and kings crown logo. No further info at this point....


One of a number of AEI GRS Type M Relay Units - 90% certain they are for Railway Signalling but could be totally wrong !

Its an aircraft component indeed, but thats all I can tell you ! The round cylinder rotates with some resistance so it must have moved or powered something ......any ideas  ?????


Apparently these are for aircraft as well, though I have no markings for them. (Im only going on what I have seen on eBay) - anyone????


And last for the day - I don't know if the first box is phone related - it was made by Paton Electrics in Sydney, so it may be train related. The second box must be phone related. I have a Calls in Progress box as well but the glass is shattered on it and haven't cleaned it yet. This one has cracks in the glass as well..

OK, that should do it for now - told you I'd make up for not posting for a few days !

I shall return very soon !




No comments:

Post a Comment